Raise a Credit But Specify What Stock (if any) Is Returned
To raise a credit note/adjustment note, open the invoicing area. Next set the transaction type to 'Credit Note' or 'Adjust Note' as applicable.
When doing credit notes there are two columns that you can add to your invoice window that are important:
Quantity to credit back to the customer
(This should always be visible.)
Quantity to receive back into stock
(This may not be visible by default.)
It's a good idea when doing credits to ensure that the Restock column is always visible, so you can ensure that you are getting the result you are expecting.
To add the Restock column to you invoice window if not visible do the following:
1. Click on Items grid
2. Right click with your mouse
3. Select Column Properties from the pop-up menu.
4. Select Restock from the list on the right.
5. Click on < button to copy it into the list on the left.
6. Left click and drag it with your mouse to a position it where you want it. (Typically this would be next to your 'Qty' column.)
7. Press Save (if you wish to keep this column on screen at all times).
8. Press Close
Now if you are issuing a credit for an item, enter the quantity you are crediting under the 'Qty' column but the quantity you are returning into stock under the 'Restock' column. If you are not returning any quantity to stock, then you would enter 0 (zero) under the 'Restock' column for that item.