To clear a GL accounting period so that you may start over, the procedure is:
1. Make a back-up of your general ledger files or your entire company database.
2. Open the General Ledger area.
3. Select from the general ledger menu, Journals|System Journal Batches.
4. Delete or reverse post any system batches that have been posted to the period you are intending to clear.
5. Select from the general ledger menu Journals|General Journal Batches.
6. Reverse any general journals that have been posted to the period you intend to clear. (Or you may delete them and enter them again later. However, it is easier to simply reverse post them and post them again.)
7. From the main menu select File|Properties and click on the Special tab button.
8. Enter the period number to clear next to the Clear Period No: field.
9. Press the Clear button to clear the period.
IMPORTANT: If you are clearing period #1, you will be prompted to clear opening balances. DO NOT CLEAR YOUR OPENING BALANCES unless it's your intention to re-enter opening balances from scratch by means of a general journal.
10. Rerun the End Period Wizard again for that period.
11. Re-post any general journals you reverse posted in step 6 above.