If your password lets you change the invoice number when you open an invoice, then:
1. Open an invoice
2. Set the invoice number to the number you want and tab off it
3. Close the invoice.
4. Open the invoice again - new number should be locked in.
Step 3 is important.
If the invoice number box is grayed out or the system doesn't let you change the number sequence for some other reason then you must change the sequence via configuration:
1. Start software
2. From main menu select Company|Administration|Customize
3. Log in with admin password
4. From menu select Install Settings|Transactions
5. Press Transaction Sequences & Forms button
6. Change transaction number for applicable area
7. Press Save
8. Press Save again (top right corner)
9. Close all running copies of CAPITAL
10. Log into CAPITAL before anyone else.
Unless you see the message "Configuration changes have taken affect" the change is still pending because someone logged into the software again before you did.