Use quotes for pro formas. Basically just save a new copy of your quote form and change this to read 'Pro Forma'.
1. Open Business Manager
2. Click on "Maintenance" (bottom left corner)
3. Click on Visual Builder
4. Log in with password
5. Click on Edit form
6. Open your quote template (this is normally called 'quote' but you might have called it something else in your case)
7. Double click on where it says 'quote' in large writing on the template
8. Replace this with "Pro Forma" and press Save
9. From the menu select File|Save As and save the form as Proform
10. Close Visual Builder
When you do a quote and need a pro forma just make sure you are printing the Proform quote. (File|Print when inside a quote.)
When you're ready to convert the pro forma into a real invoice, open invoicing and select from Toolbox menu Grab Quote. That way you don't have to type it in twice.