CAPITAL Office Business Software
CAPITAL Support Forum
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Unique Financial Reference Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> Capital Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon@stormforcemarine.co

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Unique Financial Reference Codes Reply with quote

Hi will

We are looking to see if it is possible for the system to generate unique, sequantial codes for financial transactions irrespective of bank account. At the moment the system separately maintains codes for each transaction in each bank account. We are wondering if it is possible for the system to use a single increasing no for all cash manager transactions.

The reason is that we are looking to replace our manual numbering system for Payment and Receipt Vouchers and instead use Capital Office generated codes instead

Thanks

Simon
COBS Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each bank account or cashbook runs its own unique sequence typically, and that is by design.

However, if you set all your banks (or cashbooks) to the same sequence, I.e., start them off as CB1000... then the sequence would be shared between cash books.
sboyde

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Unique Financial Reference Codes Reply with quote

Hi Will

OK, I set all the CashBook sequences to start with PV30000.

If I enter a payment under bank account 1 it gives it the sequence PV30000 (good)

But if I now go to bank account 2 and enter a different transaction, it also gives it the reference PV30000

So it does not operate as the reply said. Each Cash Book has its own sequence and they are not shareable.

Simon
COBS Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into each bank account's setting and set it a sequence each with a unique prefix.

1. Open Cash Manager
2. Select your bank account
3. Press Edit
4. Click on Settings tab
5. Set number sequence next to: Next Transaction No.
6. Press Save
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> Capital Office All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

phpBB Template by Vereor
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP