CAPITAL Office Business Software
CAPITAL Support Forum
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Running Scripts on Capital Startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> Scripting & Customisation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemonkey76

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Running Scripts on Capital Startup Reply with quote

I have a number of reports I would like to run on a periodic basis, is there a way to have capital office run a script on start-up to do this?

Or is there a better way to go about this, I could recreate the report functions by accessing the DBF files externally but it seems like a lot of work to replace some of the built-in reports.

Basically at present i have to run the reports manually saving to files and then progamatically parse the files to manipulate further.
COBS Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the /RUN switch, like so:

CAPWIN /RUN=SETCLOCK.MAC

or in V8:

BMS /RUN=SETCLOCK.MAC

Last edited by COBS Tech Support on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
codemonkey76

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Running a report on startup Reply with quote

How would i create a script that runs the built-in supplier expense report for the previous month, outputing to a particular filename (i have a PDF print driver installed)
COBS Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't presently access the standard internal reports using an external command. You would therefore need to replicate the report using Visual Builder. You could then launch the report using the /RUN switch. We are planning to add standard internal reports to our Server Agent application as tasks that can be scheduled, but that feature is not yet available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> Scripting & Customisation All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

phpBB Template by Vereor
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP