1. Locate the account you wish to merge into another account.
2. Write down it's account code.
3. Delete this account.
Note: You will not be permitted to delete the account if it has an outstanding balance.
So it may be necessary to enter a summary transaction as a negative amount to bring the total balance to zero.
For example, if the balance outstanding is $500.50, then enter the summary invoice total as -$500.50.
To determine the outstanding balance press the Statistics button, and note the "Total Owed" value.
Now you will be able to delete account.
4. Locate the account you wish to merge transactions into. Then rename the account code to the account code you wrote down in step 2 as above.
You will be asked to confirm that you wish to change the account code. Confirm that you wish to do this. The application will also report it found additional transactions. This is normal.
5. Next, rename the account code back to what it was originally set to. (As per the instructions outlined in the previous step.)
6. Finally, locate and delete the adjustment transaction you entered in step 3, so that the balance owing remains correct.
1 post • Page 1 of 1